1. Who can take NISM-Series-XVII: Retirement Adviser Certification Examination?
Any entity acting or desirous of acting as retirement adviser under the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (Retirement Adviser) Regulations, 2016 shall obtain the certification from the National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM) by passing “NISM-Series-XVII: Retirement Adviser Certification Examination” to become eligible for grant of certificate of registration as a retirement adviser, besides fulfilling other terms and conditions mentioned in the regulations.”
2. How can I register for NISM-Series-XVII: Retirement Adviser Certification Examination?
Candidates can register with National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM) at https://certifications.nism.ac.in/nismaol/
After successful registration, candidates may select a test centre, date and time slot of their choice on the link provided above
3. What is the fee & assessment structure?
- Fee : Rs 1500
- Total Questions : 100
- Total Marks : 100
- Negative Mark : 25%
- Passing Score : 60%
- Certificate validity : 3 years
4. Is there a study material available for preparing for this examination?
You will receive a soft copy of the workbook/study material after enrolment for the examination. For non-receipt of soft copy of the workbook/study material, you may contact the NISM helpdesk at email@example.com
5. How can I appear for NISM Retirement Adviser mock test? Where do I get sample questions for NISM Retirement Adviser Certification Examination?
Click here to take a mock test.
Syllabus Outline with Weightages
||Fundamental Concepts in Retirement Planning
||Financial Markets & Investment Products
||Retirement Planning Process
||Retirement Planning Products: National Pension System
||Evaluating Fund Performance & Fund Selection
||Retirement Planning Products: Other Investment Products
||Retirement Planning Strategies
||Special Considerations in Retirement
||Regulations & Regulators
Curriculum - NISM-Series-XVII: Retirement Adviser Certification Examination
I. Fundamental Concepts in Retirement Planning
- Need for Retirement Planning
- Basic financial concepts associated with retirement planning
- Features of the retirement goal
- Advantages and importance of starting retirement savings early
- Risk of Underestimating Retirement Goals
- Emotional Aspects of Retirement
II. Financial Markets and Investment Products
- Need for Making Investments to Reach Retirement Goals
- Difference between Savings and Investments
- Asset Class and Sub-Asset Classes
- Features of Different Asset Classes
- Asset Class Returns
- Common Risks in Investments
- Matching Investor Needs to Asset Class Features
- Impact of Macro-Economic Factors on Asset Classes
- Asset Allocation
- Financial System and Investment Products
III. Retirement Planning
- Evaluate Client’s Current Situation
- Learn the Process of Setting the Retirement Goal
- Investing for Accumulation
- Post-retirement Stage
- Risks in Distribution Stage
- Monitor and Update the Retirement Plan
- Behavioral Bias in Decision Making
IV. Retirement Planning Products: National Pension System
- National Pension System
- Working of NPS
- Subscribing to the NPS
- Investing in the NPS
- Tax aspects of subscribing to the NPS
V. Evaluating Fund Performance and Fund Selection
- Return on Investment
- Different types of return calculations
- Measures of risk in an investment
- Performance Evaluation
- Matching investor retirement needs to product
VI. Other Investment Products
- Mandatory Retirement Benefit Schemes
- Voluntary Retirement Products
VII. Retirement Planning Strategies
- Bridging Shortfall in Retirement Corpus
- Periodic Investments
- Retirement Income from Multiple Sources
- Bucket Strategy
- Tax Advantages in Different Stages of Retirement
- Automating Investments
VIII. Special Situations in Retirement
- Debt Obligations in Retirement
- Documents for Effective Retirement Planning
IX. Regulations and Regulators
- Indian Regulatory System
- Role of Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA)
- Role of Regulators
- Regulations for Retirement Advisers
- Ethics beyond Regulations
- Subscriber Grievance Redressal Mechanism
NISM-Series-XVII: Retirement Adviser Certification Examination seeks to create a common minimum knowledge benchmark for individuals, proprietors, partners and representatives of a retirement adviser registered under PFRDA (Retirement Adviser) Regulations, 2016.
The certification aims to enhance the quality of services provided by retirement adviser in the financial services industry.
On successful completion of the examination, the candidate should:
· Know the fundamental concepts in Retirement Planning and the various investment products
· Learn about the Retirement Planning Process
· Understand the features and benefits of National Pension System.
· Know the various evaluation tools and fund selection.
· Understand the strategies useful to investors in executing their retirement plan.
· Know the implications of specific situations of retirement planning and the ways to manage them.
· Know about regulatory structure and regulations which govern the activities of the retirement adviser